if you have ever wondered what else you can do with your scrapbook supplies,
then this special issue is for you. the follow up to our successful 101
things to do with your scrapbook supplies, this issue features inspiring
ideas from creating keepsakes columnist jennifer mcguire and a team of talented
scrapbookers. they will show you how to go beyond the basics to use your
supplies in new ways to create unique page accents, backgrounds and more. with
budget-saving tips, easy techniques, ideas for leftovers and more, the useful
ideas in this issue will help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011
Thursday, December 8, 2011
1) club ck is hosting tons of nsd activities today. you can read more about them in yesterday's post.
2) write. click. scrapbook. just launched their may gallery. one of my favorites this year! this month we all lifted a layout from the wcs flickr gallery. here's mine -- a lift of this fun page!
3) and did you know write. click. scrapbook. has some nsd festivities going on as well? i've been told there will be journaling prompts, photography prompts and scrapbooking prompts throughout the day, so check it out!
4) i'm in the final stretch of getting things ready for mike's birthday party. the mushrooms have been stuffed, the grocery store has been visited (4 times this week!) and now i'm cleaning. fun, huh?
5) since i'm not scrapbooking today, would you be so kind as to leave a comment telling me if you ARE or NOT? and, if you are, what you're working on? i'd love to live vicariously... ;)
Saturday, December 3, 2011
last week on food revolution, jamie and a group of talented students from marshall created this flash mob:
sometime last year i witnessed my first flash mob via you tube, like many of you. this was all over the internet -- so amazing!
and then today, a friend posted this cool flash mob video -- i just love glee!
of course there are others. and there always seem to be cameras around when they happen.
for your entertainment:
supermarket flash mob
michael jackson flash mob
t-mobile flash mob
Friday, December 2, 2011
(journaling reads: this little girl would go on to do great things. she would graduate at the top of her class. she would work in the white house under president johnson. she would be a loyal friend, wife and mother. and among her greatest achievements... she would be your nana.)
my mom passed away just a few short weeks ago, at the end of may. while it's been so very difficult losing her. Drug detox.. i am thankful for the many, many memories.
the other day, while my brother and i were cleaning out her things, we found a signed piece of artwork -- an illustration of the white house. synthetic urine best detox kit... it was signed by lbj and lady bird johnson. i don't know why mom never displayed it more prominently. :) we're still sorting through her things, remembering along the way...
Thursday, December 1, 2011
like many of you, we come home from church on easter morning and continue the celebration with a hearty brunch that leaves us full to the brim with yummy foods of all kinds. there are egg casseroles like this one (believe me, folks! it's worth signing up for the free trial!), cinnamon rolls like these, and fresh fruit. this year we will be visiting my mom for easter brunch, and i'm planning on taking this to share with the fun gal who (wo)man's the front desk where my mom lives.
6 c. oats
1 c. seeds or nuts (i use a combination of chopped walnuts and raw sunflower seeds)
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 wheat germ
1/3 c. canola oil
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. shredded coconut
combine all ingredients in a large bowl and bake on a cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 1 hour. be sure to stir occasionally to prevent browning. when cool, add 1 c. dried fruit (cranberries or dried apples are yummy!).
store in an air tight container for 2 weeks, or freeze.
wishing you and your family a very happy easter.